Am 2 books away from completing my course reading project. Along the way, I have discovered a few things about myself:
- Like a good wine, some books improve with time… sort of. I just finished Tanith Lee’s The Black Unicorn, about 10 years after I unsuccessfully tried to read it in high school. I found it wonderfully enchanting; just the right kind of strong girl fantasy for me.
- Some YA books just do not appeal to me anymore. I fell in love with some of the works (The Truth About Forever, What My Mother Doesn’t Know, Ironman), but others just did not capture my interest. I think I just lost something along the way.
- Going outside of my comfort zone (genre-wise) is a good thing (re: Ironman).
- I need to read more smart, quirky bios and other non-fiction books.
- I still hate reading goals. I like to read at my pace and will be happy to resume it.